- Is your initial reaction a positive one?
- Is this a place your child would enjoy?
- Would your child be safe here?
- Is the environment pleasant (sights, smells, sounds)?
- Did the Director take time to meet with you herself?
- Were you introduced to the staff and given a tour of the school?
Curriculum and Programs
- Are Lesson Plans posted?
- Is the curriculum research-based?
- Do the children seem occupied and engaged?
- Are the children involved in learning activities?
- Does the curriculum prepare the children socially and emotionally as well as academically?
Culture and Care of the Children
- Does the center allow for infants to follow their own schedules based on their feeding, sleeping, rhythms, etc.?
- Is Primary Care offered in Infant and Toddler rooms?
- Are the toys sanitized daily?
- Does the school respect the language, culture, and values of the families in the program?
- Does staff seem patient and receptive to the children’s needs?
Management, Staff and Supervision
- Are background checks completed on staff?
- What qualifications do staff members hold?
- Are children supervised at all times?
- Does staff communicate daily with parents?
- Is there an open door policy?
Facility and Classrooms
- Is the school licensed?
- Is the school clean?
- Do the classrooms have appropriate lighting?
- Does the building seem well maintained?
- Is there plenty of space for the children to play?
- Are the toys age appropriate?
- Is the classroom well stocked with supplies/toys/learning materials?
- Do the children have an opportunity to play outside daily?
- Are there separate age appropriate playgrounds?
- Is the outdoor play equipment sturdy and in good repair?
- Are children being supervised by the child care provider?
- Is there an outside area with plenty of shade?
- Are outside learning environments available?
- Are the teachers interacting with the children while they are outside?
Join our family.
Explore our center.